The thinkorswim VIX Stretch Indicator was developped using relative movement of the VIX against other VIX related products. This relationship is in turn compared to the selected underlying. Built specifically for assets correlated to the SPX, such as SPY, the SPX itself, or major components of the S&P 500. The indicator works on most aggregation periods (1min, 2min, 5min, 10min, 15min, 30min, 1hr, 2hr, 4hr, 1d, 2d, 1w). The study works with any company stock ($AMZN, $APPL, $GOOG, $TSLA, $MSFT), equity index etf ($SPY, $QQQ, $IWM, $DIA) or indexes ($SPX, $NDX). Support for futures (such as /ES and /NQ) is spotty – but it does work on some aggregation periods. The download package for the thinkorswim VIX Stretch Indicator contains the following built-in studies:
- Sync – Buy and sell signals based on consecutive negatively correlated VIX movements;
- Stretch – Buy and sell signals based on relative, time weighted movement against the underlying;
- Bid – Attempts to predict, in future candles, the mean reversion profile of a realized volatility spike relative to the VIX; and
- Signal Decay – Decayed sentiment that generates buy and sells signal once the recent past signals have decayed and no new signals have emerged;
- A lower indicator showing current VIX Stretch value for reference.
A download link will be provided upon purchase. A how-to usage guide is included in the purchase.
The information contained therein, or inferred from the product therein, are not intended as, and shall
not be construed or understood to be financial advise or any promise of success, profit or guarantee of
such. The creator of this product is neither a financial advisor, attorney or an accountant, or holding out to
be, and the information contained therein or inferred from the product therein is not, and should not be
seen or interpreted to be financial advise of any kind. The creator of this product is absolutely no aware
of your individual circumstances and making any guarantee, implied or not, of any performance result:
positive or negative. The creator has attempted, to the best of his ability, to generate a useful product for
those interested in engaging in trading of the underlying securities mentioned therein. Nothing contained
herein should be viewed as a substitute to professional financial advise fit for your situation and your
individual circumstances. In addition to this, the purchase of the materials implies that you agree that any reproduction, resale,
reuse or usage not otherwise permitted by the owner is strictly prohibited.